MeatEater's Auction House Of Oddities
Official Terms & Conditions
Welcome to MeatEater’s Auction House of Oddities, benefiting our Land Access Initiative. Anyone who wishes to participate must abide by these terms. PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE AUCTION. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND ALL POLICIES AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. MeatEater reserves the right to change any of these terms and any policies or guidelines governing the auction, at any time and in its sole discretion. Any changes will be effective upon posting of the revisions. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGES TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE.
- Eligibility. Participants must be a legal resident of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico) and at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and all respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, members, licensees, successors and assigns of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and members of their immediate family (spouses, parents, children and siblings) or persons living in the same household are not eligible to participate.
- Policies and Guidelines. You must set up your own unique account in order to participate and bid in the auction. Your account credentials may not be transferred or sold. Buyers must bid with the intention of buying and each bid is a binding contract. Misuse of bidding to manipulate the bidding process is unacceptable. The auction(s) and all transactions take place subject to the laws of the United States, and all funds shall be in U.S. Dollars. For those participating in the select free giveaway items, see giveaway/sweepstakes terms and conditions.
- The auction will begin September 29, 2021 and close on April 25th, 2022
- All bidding will take place online.
- Payment. Payment will be processed via phone via credit card or cashier’s check. MeatEater will contact the winner to arrange payment via the email address used for the auction, and must be received within seven days from the end of the auction. PAYMENT MUST CLEAR BEFORE TITLE AND POSSESSION WILL TRANSFER.
- Taking Possession of the Puppy. Winner is responsible for coordinating pickup of the Puppy from Iron Point Kennels in Dickinson, ND (where the Puppy is currently). Puppy must be picked up in person by the new owner. MeatEater will not be responsible for any costs or actions related to transportation of the Puppy. Puppy must be picked up between November 13, 2021 and December 13, 2021. Both Sponsor and winning bidder of Puppy must agree to and sign a formal bill of sale in order to finalize the agreement and transfer. If winner is unable or unwilling to agree to the bill of sale terms, they have first right of refusal to revert their final bid and the second runner up will be notified of a successful bid.
- Transfer of Rifle Ownership. If a gun is to be sold in the auction, gun will be distributed through licensed dealers and only in compliance with federal and state laws and applicable local ordinances. Winner will be required to provide MeatEater their identified and designated FFL in order to facilitate the transfer of the firearm. If a winner is ineligible to receive the firearm under relevant state, federal or local laws and regulations, the firearm will be forfeited and no substitution will be provided. Any taxes on firearms are the sole responsibility of the winner. FFL transfer fees and shipping cost to the winner’s designated licensed dealer are the responsibility of the winner. PAYMENT MUST CLEAR BEFORE GUN CAN BE TRANSFERRED.
- Reservation of Rights. MeatEater retains the right to halt any auction, prevent or restrict access, and take any other action in case of technical problems, inaccurate listing, auction inaccuracies, product inaccuracies, or in response to actions otherwise prohibited by the procedures and guidelines contained on the Site, or for any other reason in the sole and absolute discretion of MeatEater.
- Unauthorized Conduct. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the site for any purpose. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (a) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except as otherwise provided herein); or (b) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the auction or any activities conducted on the site.
- Prohibited Activity. (a) Lawful Purposes. The site only may be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable state and federal laws, statutes, and regulations regarding participation, including in regard to bidding, and purchasing items. You may not register under a false name. You may not make bids under a false name, impersonate any participant, or use another participant's password(s). Such fraudulent conduct is or may be a violation of federal and state laws. (b) Shill Bidding. You are strictly prohibited from placing bids or causing bids to be placed on any product for the purpose of artificially increasing or otherwise manipulating the bidding process or the bid price of any product listed for sale, or influencing user behavior on the site.
- Without limiting other remedies, MeatEater may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your participation: (a) if you breach these terms; (b) if MeatEater is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide; or (c) if MeatEater believes that your actions may cause legal liability for you, other users or MeatEater.
- No Warranties. The auction, the site, and all products sold, are provided on an "as is" basis. Your participation is at your own risk. MeatEater makes no other representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation: (a) the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement; (b) that the site will always be available, accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure or operate without error; (c) the information, content, materials or products included on the site will be accurate; (d) any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage of trade; or (e) any obligation, liability, right, claim or remedy in tort, whether or not arising from the negligence of MeatEater.
- TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, MEATEATER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, WHICH YOU OBTAIN FROM MEATEATER OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
- Limitation of Liability. MeatEater will not be liable for any damages of any kind including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive and consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with these terms, the auction, the site, or those resulting from any goods or services purchased or obtained or transactions entered into whether such damages arise under theory of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold MeatEater and its subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys' fees) arising from or in connection with (a) your breach of this agreement; (b) your violation of any state, federal foreign or international laws, codes or regulations; and/or (c) your violation of any third party's rights, including, but not limited to, infringement of any copyright, violation of any proprietary right and invasion of any privacy rights. This obligation will survive the termination of this agreement.
- Choice of Law. The laws of the State of Montana govern the auction, the site, and all of the terms and conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
- Limited License. MeatEater grants a limited license to each participant to make personal use only of the site in accordance with these terms. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any reproduction, duplication, sale, resale or other commercial use of the site, making any derivative of the site, the collection and use of participant e-mail addresses or other participant information, ratings or listings, or any data extraction or data mining whatsoever.