Tipton Ultra Cleaning Kit
Tipton Ultra Cleaning Kit Features
- 3-piece stainless steel rod
- Rapid(TM) Deluxe Bore Guide Kit
- 13-piece Ultra Jag(TM) set with case
- 13-piece Best Bore Brush(TM) set with case
- Two general purpose brushes: one nylon and one bronze
- AR-15 bolt carrier and action brushes
- 4 polymer cleaning picks
- Carry Case with room to hold liquids, patches and other accessories
How It's Built
- Case Dimensions: 17 x 10 x 4 inches
- 4 lbs
Good video. However, as odd as it may seem, there is some evidence that copper fouling may not be as bad as was historically believed. Although it is a great idea to remove powder fouling, some research has found that as copper builds up in the barrel there comes a point where the next bullet traveling down the barrel will "scrape off" as much copper as it leaves behind. This I called copper equilibrium, and it may be the point where maximum accuracy is achieved. Before this point, as each round adds copper, the barrel conditions change and accuracy suffers.
I shoot a 35 year old slide action 30-06 and still get sub-MOA groups. Incidentally, my accuracy is limited by the shooter's ability, lol. My 66 year old eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Thanks for the information, keep it up.