Benchmade Essential Meatcrafter™️ Knife
Benchmade Essential Meatcrafter™️ Knife Features
- Hybrid hunting fixed blade with a fine, smooth edge to trim, debone, or slice your preferred cuts of meat.
- Featuring Benchmade’s SelectEdge™ technology, the 28 inclusive edge angle on CPM-154 stainless steel provides the perfect balance of a fine grain, sharp edge with carefully engineered blade flex.
How It's Built
- Blade Length: 6.08" | 15.44cm
- Blade Thickness: 0.09" | 2.286mm
- Open Length: 11.06" | 28.09cm
- Handle Thickness: 0.67" | 17.02mm
- Weight: 3.24oz | 91.85g
- Sheath Weight: 1.77oz | 50.18g
- Blade Steel: CPM-154 (58-61 HRC)
- Handle Material: Santoprene
- Blade Style/Shape: Trailing Point
Slices like warm butter!
Good sharp knife made by Benchmade. Kydex sheath halfway decent as well.
I butcher a lot of deer, this knife is easy to sharpen and stays sharp longer than other knives. For anyone that butchers their own meat, a great buy
I arrowed a buck back on November 10 and though there were two separate days I had to ice it, I did so in anticipation of the arrival of this knife (was on order). So glad I waited to cut him up, great experience with this knife. I'm a large framed guy with big hands and though the handle on this knife IS on the smaller side, it worked perfectly in my hands and I really appreciated how it held an edge through skinning, boning and cutting an entire animal and did not need to be touched for the duration. This blade is made from CPM-154 which is a steel far superior to 440c, and maybe slightly less wear/corrosion resistant than S30V. The decision to make this blade from the CPM-154 was likely labored about because obviously benchmade needed a go-to that they knew users were going to wear on bone all day long and survive. Job well done - love this knife. PS if you ever decide to make an "improved" version, I'd like to vote for Bohler M390 as blade stock please.
The Meatcrafter is razor sharp, light and the handle is comfortable. It's very well designed for boning and completing the butchering job. I have several Benchmade blades and you can't go wrong.